Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Occasional Thoughts

Mar 11, 2011

People Do Change

I have been reflecting on my life lately, both on what my life is now and what it used to be, and it has lead me to see how I have changed in a relatively short amount of time. This time last year I was mourning over a lost love and just trying to make it through the days. I was faking and lying to myself to try and feel better.

Now, I am the happiest I have been in a very very long time. I have come to the realization that the "Love" I lost previously was an amazing learning experience and was a blessing she left. I have an amazing girl now that understands who I am and loves me for it, and most importantly I am happy with where I am.

In previous years if I ever felt happy and content I always had the thought in the back of my mind saying "Nothing good really lasts. So be prepared for the fall." And while I do understand that you can't be on "Cloud 9" forever, I have realized that you really shouldn't look at the world like that.

The truth is that good things do last. It is us, as imperfect humans, that choose to see the hard times over the good. Because, honestly, it is much easier to see the hard times over any good time, but what I have discovered is that we are not simply pieces of debris floating down the river of life. We have great influence of the direction our life can take and how it will effect us.

Just as I mentioned in a past post, We choose to be happy everyday.

1 comments:

Adams said...

I love you, Ronald.....and congrats!

Post a Comment

Please be courteous. feel free to disagree, but do it respectfully. Any post with crude language or degrading will be deleted without question.