Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Occasional Thoughts

Aug 3, 2011

So what if it rains!

So, this past week I have been in Portland, Oregon. It is sooooo beautiful there! Green as far as the eyes can see! I lived in Oregon for 2 years and loved every minute of it. In fact, I hope to actually move there one day with my wife. I love the feeling I get when I am there. And, yes, I know that it rains ALL THE TIME there, but I can't help but love it.


In going there this last time it really made me think about how we as humans view things. If any of you have ever been to Portland you know that it is full of WIERDOS! Everyone there seems to try and outdo the other in wierdness. It is truly a place of variety and diversity. Once could easily look at all the strange people in Portland and say something like "I could never live here, there are just so many wierdos!" In my point of view, those weirdos are the ones that give spice to the world. Can you imagine what it would be like if everyone was just cut and dry? One may not like the different people because they have a different opinion about things you feel strongly about. That may be true, but that is no reason to shun them, or berate their opinion. Everyone has different view points and we should use those view points to see around the obstacles in front of us.

Another thing I thought of was the fact that it rains all the time there. A Lot of people would hate that and say it would depress them. I know about depression. i have suffered with it all my life. There are somethings that you can not change with it. And it is true that some things with depression are very chemical, but there is also alot of it that is physiological. It may rain a lot in your life, but ultimately it is your perspective that really matters. When I hear people talk about Oregon and how they hate the rain all I can think is if it wasn't for "All that rain" it would NOT be green and beautiful!! The cup can be half full you know. lol So when the rains of life weigh you down, try to take a look at what will grow from it after.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

yeah...you'd fit in perfectly there :P hehe love you! i can't wait to visit portland. it's at the top of our vacation list! i can already tell you if i lived somewhere besides oklahoma it would be oregon or washington they are so beautiful.

Adams said...

Good points, especially of the beauty that comes from rain (trials). So very true and something to remember.
Hey, I need your address.

Unknown said...

yeah Manny! You would LOVE portland! All the people are way nice and corky! lol And alisa, I will email you right now.... I think I have your email..:/

Post a Comment

Please be courteous. feel free to disagree, but do it respectfully. Any post with crude language or degrading will be deleted without question.