Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Occasional Thoughts

Jul 27, 2011

Yet, I am not Destroyed

This whole week has been good to me. Things are going well and I am happy. I look outside and actually see the color that has for so long eluded me. As I see such wonderful things I wonder what it is that has changed, for as I look I see that all is, in actuality, the same as before.

So what is different? Is it the time that has passed that, perhaps, mended the broken pieces in my heart? Or is it the people I am now around that have uplifted me or the people I have distanced myself from that no longer hold me down? As I ponder on what it is that has changed I realize what it truly is.

It's me.

The world outside has not changed. When I look at the news it is still filled with disaster and heartache. When I think about my schooling I am still in debt. In truth, all the things that stressed me out before remain. The fundamental difference, However, is that I have learned how to trust. To trust myself, to trust my wife, to trust God.

I have realized that I have no control over this world, but I have ALL the control over MY world. I can not change the terrible things in this world. One could liken it today to the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. Yet, I am not destroyed. I still prosper and if I truly think of it, I am greatly blessed! I dare not go into the specifics of my life to explain why I am so blessed, but suffice to say that they are nothing extraordinary. My blessings are the same as you and the person down the street. So why am I happy? Because I choose to be.

No one can know what the future will hold, and you can be almost curtain it will hold hardships and trials. However, please don't forget that there will be just as many, if not more, happy and fortunate times as the hard.
Remember to SMILE! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous. feel free to disagree, but do it respectfully. Any post with crude language or degrading will be deleted without question.