Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Occasional Thoughts

Feb 6, 2011

"The One"

This is actually a post that I did on Facebook a few days ago.

So, today is Friday night and once again I am at home, alone, with just a video game to keep me company. My other roomates were both going out doing several different things. One was going to a dance party, the other was.....i Don't really know, but out with some other friends and when they were here they were talking about how they had hit on girls and things. Pretty normal stuff really for a college student. I had no problems with it at all, but it made me think. And honestly, I would really like some feedback here.



I was thinking how much I hate those type of scenes. Anyone who knows me knows that I am most at peace when I am just one on one with someone, or with just a couple of good friends. I am NOT a party person. But tonight I thought:

"How am I suppose to meet someone and get married if I never get out?"

It's a valid question, really, and one that has troubled me before. Maybe I need to go to those parties and try to meet people. All my close friends know that I am ready to get married and settle down. But if getting married en tells "Settling Down" then why do i need to "Party up" in order to "Settle Down"?

Is it so bad to think that I might meet someone in a normal, casual setting? At school, at church, on the bus, in the store, ect. Obviously these situations are a lot less likely to turn into dates, but honestly I'd rather meet those girls then the girls at a club, and would probably be more attracted to them as well. If I go to a club and meet a girl there, she will probably LIKE going to clubs.....and I DON'T! Those are really two different personalities.

I want a girl that likes to just sit back and cuddle. Maybe read a book or watch a movie. Sure, of course we need to be active. I would LOVE to have a girl that likes to play racquetball or tennis! I like to be active, but that doesn't mean you have to be in a big group. I just want someone i can relax with.

But of course, how am I going to find her sitting at home playing games? I won't. I know that, so please don't think that's all I do. ;) I'm just a very one on one person, and big groups don't suit me. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

3 comments:

Rebecca E. said...

Just found out you blog! I love blogging and will start following your blog if that's okay. You have a nice writing style and if you're ever in Pocatello we could set you up:)

Unknown said...

haha Thanks. Can you set me up with anyone in Utah?? lol and yes please follow and get anyone else to follow as well. :)

Hannah Richins Beck said...

Yeah, how are you supposed to meet someone if you never get out? Ha, like that is important.....

Post a Comment

Please be courteous. feel free to disagree, but do it respectfully. Any post with crude language or degrading will be deleted without question.