Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Occasional Thoughts

Feb 9, 2011

Try to Love the Hard Times

At this point in my life their is one idea that sticks out more than any other. It is an idea, or philosophy really, that truly does apply to everyone on this planet. It is the simple, yet powerful idea that we are shaped by the situations around us. One could say its the "Nature verses Nurture" theory, but I am mainly talking about the obstacles we face.

I do believe we are formed, at least partially, by our surroundings or how we grow up, but we have to remember that it is the hardships and trials that we go through that shape us. Simply put, are you controlled by your circumstance or do you make your own circumstances?

Indeed, their are somethings that we can not control. Sometimes you get fired from a job because of a recession, or someone forces themselves upon you, ect. Their is literally nothing you can do about those situations and they can greatly hinder people. But when those things happen think of this: How many great men/women have become the heroes they are by luck? No one has ever become a revered hero by just saying "Hey! Love me!" They all had to work for it!

I know what you may be thinking. (Because I have often thought this) "That is all great and well, but I am not a hero; nor do I wish to be one. I am just having a rough time." It's true. Odds say you will not become a national hero just by the everyday struggles we all go through, but this much I can tell you for sure. Those are the things that make you who you are! When people talk about you do they say "He/She is amazing! How do they handle all of that?" or do they say "That is just sad..."

I constantly have to tell myself that the hardships and struggles I go though are actually a GOOD thing. It is honestly crazy to think of it that way, but it is true. Why do you think one of the most commonly asked questions in a job interview is "What struggles have you faced and how did you overcome them?" It is these circumstances that show our resilience.

All of that being said, let us not forget to love and help those that are having a hard time and not belittle them. Help them, because you will want the same help when you get there too. And trust me, you will get there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous. feel free to disagree, but do it respectfully. Any post with crude language or degrading will be deleted without question.