Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Occasional Thoughts

Feb 5, 2011

A Simple Gesture

I sit in borders book store in the cafe reading a book. I have been here a while and a lovely lady comes and sits in a cushioned chair beside me. She is not particularly beautiful, but there is a quit eloquence about her which makes her alluring. I quickly see she is married and becomes just a passing thought.

Not to long and her husband comes but the only spot available is across from her. She indicates to sit there but he hesitates. I instantly get the expression that they are newlyweds or at lease still have the flare of love lingering in them. The husband sets down and begins to read his magazine "Maximum pc". He is a geek. Perhaps I do have hope.

Soon the seat beside him is free and the woman moves and sits beside him. The chairs are not set up right next to each other, but are adjacent to the other. So the only part that are close to the couple is their legs. What she does next warms my heart and I smile.

The woman simply shifts and maneuvers herself so that her feet are touching his lower calf and rests it there with a smile.

Oh how I long for that simple gesture of love; the simplest movement that if not looked for will not be seen, but is immensely powerful to those involved. I am convinced that it is these small gestures that are the true language of love. It is not in the words you say or the items you give one another. It is the wordless conversation that passes between shared glances at a simple touch.
One day...One day

1 comments:

Apeeee said...

Here's another moment to look forward to: You both see something, look at each other, smile/laugh and KNOW that you two are thinking the same thing. You are so close that you are past finishing each other's sentences you finish each other's thoughts!!

Post a Comment

Please be courteous. feel free to disagree, but do it respectfully. Any post with crude language or degrading will be deleted without question.