Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Occasional Thoughts

Feb 14, 2011

Valentines Day Blues...


Well, it is one or the other. Either you love Valentines day or you hate it, or better yet, either you have someone to share it with or you don't. This is the great conundrum of this stupid holiday.

That's right, Stupid. I hate it because i fall in the group of having NO ONE. Not even a date. I honestly can not remember the last Valentines day when I actually HAD someone. How sad is that?

But to be completely fair and honest I have to say that I know I am being hypocritical because if I did have someone i would be on the other side of the spectrum. I would be a Valentines day fanatic. Anyone who knows me knows I am a romantic. I love to love. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I would go all out for valentines day. But alas, I am without and filled with emptiness.

But I guess valentines is more about the feeling of love and the celebration of that feeling. So over all, I guess I need to look at the holiday with an eye of what could be. To try and see the day as a celebration of love and not a celebration of relationships.

So in that field of thinking; Happy Valentines day! :) But in the thoughts of a relationship; Happy Single Awareness Day....

1 comments:

Adams said...

Are you sure you didn't have Marie write this post!?! Singles Awareness Day is so her! She used to say all that Valentine's Day was good for was to spread diseases!

Post a Comment

Please be courteous. feel free to disagree, but do it respectfully. Any post with crude language or degrading will be deleted without question.