Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Occasional Thoughts

Feb 28, 2011

The Stages of Life

The stages of life are many and vast. We go through an unending amount of stages in our life. I remember as a kid hearing one of my sisters talking about me and saying "He's just going through a stage" And they were right. At the time of any stage we are in we think this is permanent and is just who we are. However, the truth of it is that at any given point in our life we can change to not only what we want to be, but also to what we need to be.

I was talking with a friend just yesterday and she related some struggle she is going through. It was interesting and a little funny, though I dare not laugh, because I remembered going through the exact same thing. Does that make me an expert on the subject? Not at all. In fact, she could have a completely different outcome than me, but this is the very beauty of having others around us.

When we share our experiences with each other we are giving them the option to learn from what we have experienced. We have to understand as we do that that they may not accept what we say or agree, and that is okay. The beauty of chose is the fact that we chose how we learn. Also, as we tell them our stories we must not assume we have all the answers, because my answer may very well be different then yours. So all I can do is give you my experience and you do with is as you wish.

Now, what this also means is that I must be open and willing to accept the advice and council of those that are more experienced than I. Remember that all things are double sided and varied.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous. feel free to disagree, but do it respectfully. Any post with crude language or degrading will be deleted without question.